Alright so I watched another TEDx event about humor. I mean there are a lot of TEDx videos about comedy so yeah expect a bunch of those with some articles and stuff too for my project.
Anyways. This is a TEDxDhaka event in which Naveed Mahbub talks about how through humor people have come to understand him better. One particular instance he describes happens after he finishes a set talking about his difficulties about the airport. After, an intimidating southerner pulled him aside and said that from the humor he understood more about muslims than he ever learned, even when he was in the Middle East.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeO701Zyjnk
That's the link dudes.
Anyways! This is interesting when it comes to humor because it demonstrates the value that face-to-face comedy can provide. The genre of stand-up comedy is unique in that the literal identity of the speaker is what sells the humor. I wonder how this translates to internet humor if it does at all. Is it as if everyone becomes their own stand up comedian through the social platoforms they use; or is there something different at play? Can we achieve the same level of understanding that Naveed experienced that day?
I doubt it. But it's something to look into fo sho.
*Unit 2*
No comments:
Post a Comment