Wednesday, April 13, 2016

4/14 GrapHIC nOVELS DOEE

So Italian.

So I read Interiorae, a graphic novel by Gabriella Giandelli

It's a weird one. But I liked it.

Death is treated very weirdly in this thing.

It's basically about an imaginary rabbit who's job is to be an eavesdropping little turd towards everyone in the apartment complex. His boss is this wierd Satan blob thing that's in the basement of the apartment that likes to feed on people's dreams and collects their secrets as well... Yeah.

Yes, this is the Satan Blob
There are barely any rules in this book a bunch of weird stuff happens and like... Just read it you'll see.


THE CHARACTERS
The dopest part of all of this are how all of the people in the apartment are characterized cuz they're so insanely REAL. The contrast between real and surreal is very interesting and this book doesn't play around. They are directly linked and I don't knwo how I like feel about that lol.


COLORS
This book is incredibly dark for the whole thing and the pretty colors don't come until the end. It's like the characters that reside in the apartment are stuck in some kind of perpetual purgatory that is somehow resembling real life and nobody gets to face true ascention until the end of the book.

Or maybe it's not that deep and this graphic novel is just trying too hard to be artsy. In this case I actually think it's the former, and I'm pretty cynical... you be the judge.


I read the whole thing. It's a good book. Read it peeps.



*Unit 3*

No comments:

Post a Comment